Posted on

Awesome! Infant Romper Refashion

This is my first attempt at making a baby romper out of a child’s t-shirt. My method was based on this wikihow tutorial  with some changes made as I went along.

This romper started as a long sleeved 5T from Old Navy that I got in a bag o’ shirts from Thrift Town. I used a 6 month romper as a pattern to narrow the sides and sleeves. The length was perfect, so I was able to leave the existing hem alone except for a small half circle cut out for the crotch.

Missed thread and lumpy couch awesomeness. 

For the crotch part, I cut two 5″ x 3″ sections from the sleeve scraps and folded them in half to 5″ by 1.5″. I then hemmed both short sides, turned them and sewed them in to make room for the closures. I had planned to use snaps, but all I had were either huge or too tiny, so I went with velcro.

What happened to my neck!!!?!?!?!?!?

I left the neck and shoulders as-is, so that part is a bit huge. I may try to take it in a little with a dart in the back, but there’s a fine line between getting the neck to fit nicely and OMG-why-are-babies’-heads-so-big! So I may just let Mr. B go for the baggy comfy casual look. Any adjustments will have to wait anyway. As you can see from his modeling debut, Mr. B was DONE, so he’s still wearing it, baggy shoulders and all while he naps.

Ooooh! and today is Beckett’s 10 week birthday! and I actually got a pic posted!

Awesome! Infant Romper Refashion was originally published on SubEarthan Cottage

Awesome! Infant Romper Refashion was originally published on SubEarthan Cottage

Awesome! Infant Romper Refashion was originally published on SubEarthan Cottage

Awesome! Infant Romper Refashion was originally published on SubEarthan Cottage