This shows how I tapered the underarm seam to get rid of the weird hip points from Phase 2.1.
I wanted to shrink the width a little but leave it big enough to look like a puffy marshmallow. I used the jumper that fits Beckett as a guide and added about an inch on top of that to mark where I would sew the front and back seams.
I marked where to stop for the legs with three red pins.
Front seam done!
Here I have the back seam pinned. I started it a few inches down to add a button closure for giant baby head clearance.
I stitched a line perpendicular to each seam at the end of both the front and back seam.
I cut inside the seam to create a continuous strip for me to attach the snap tape.
Here I have the first part of snap tape pinned in. When I sew it, I will fold it in the width of the tape and stitch all around the edge.
And here’s where Beckett got too fussy for me to continue for the night.