Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a yummy pumpkin spice latte inexpensively at home. I've included variations for a chai latte and smoothie, too! The recipe serves one or two, depending on how much coffee you drink. ;-)
Servings: 2 people
- 1 and 1/4 Cups brewed tea or coffee
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree/canned pumpkin
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk of choice. I usually use almond milk.
- 1/3-1/5 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground tumeric (optional)
- Maple syrup, sugar or honey to taste.
- Whipped Cream (optional)
I've also used this basic recipe to make a pumpkin spice smoothie. Just swap the coffee or tea for the milk of your choice and add a frozen banana or fresh banana and ice. Blend thoroughly.
While it's healthy as-is, I like to add an extra spoonful of pumpkin to up the vitamin content, as well as some chia or flax seeds. You can easily leave those out, though.