It’s my birthday on Saturday (yes, April Fool’s, I know, lol). If you use coupon code April2023 you’ll get 20% off your entire order at SubEarthan Cottage. Valid on regular and sale-priced items through April 3, 2023.
And, since birthday’s are weird without cake, here’s my favorite allergen-friendly chocolate cake recipe.
- 9 x 13 rectangle pan
- 3 Cups Flour see recipe summary for gluten-free adjustment
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil any light flavored liquid vegetable oil is fine
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease the 9 x 13 inch pan, either with shortening, butter, or cooking spray
- Combine the first five (dry) ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until evenly blended. Alternatively, sift them together into the bowl.
- Add the remaining (wet) ingredients and mix until thoroughly blended. You can use a spoon or an electric mixer.
- Pour the batter into the greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
Like this post? To make sure you never miss a future post, please sign up for my newsletter.