Sometimes you need cookies. Or maybe that’s just me. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite, but sometimes those aren’t fast enough, or somebody has eaten all of the chocolate chips. You know who you are. Peanut butter cookies are a close second, and this three ingredient recipe is dangerously fast and easy.
Because it is a flourless recipe, it is perfect for people following a gluten-free diet.
I’ve only made this recipe with peanut butter, but it should work with other nut butters or nut butter substitutes. Typing that, I got the strong urge to try it with Nutella. Maybe some other time.
Three ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Baking sheets either lined with parchment or silpat mats or greased.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter I usually use smooth because that's what I have on hand. Crunchy would work, too.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract Totally optional
- 1 dash salt Totally optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Drop by spoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. You want them to just start turning golden at the edges.
- Let cool to fully set before eating.
I don’t have a photo of the finished cookies because we tend to devour them. I just drop by spoonfuls on the prepared baking sheets, but you can do the crisscross pressing with a fork for a traditional peanut butter cookie look.
To make sure you never miss a post, please sign up for my newsletter.
If you click through any of the Amazon links and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. There is no added cost to you.