Today’s post is short and sweet because I’m celebrating my 40th birthday at home with my family. Birthday’s mean cake, so here is my favorite chocolate cake recipe to make from scratch. It’s dairy-free, egg-free and easy to make gluten-free as well. Enjoy!
- 9 x 13 rectangle pan
- 3 Cups Flour see recipe summary for gluten-free adjustment
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil any light flavored liquid vegetable oil is fine
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease the 9 x 13 inch pan, either with shortening, butter, or cooking spray
- Combine the first five (dry) ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until evenly blended. Alternatively, sift them together into the bowl.
- Add the remaining (wet) ingredients and mix until thoroughly blended. You can use a spoon or an electric mixer.
- Pour the batter into the greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
Like this post? To make sure you never miss a future post, please sign up for my newsletter.