My kitchen is getting overrun with recipes needing organized. To help, I’m typing them here where they are easy to find and print, if needed. First up is a super simple chicken and vegetable quinoa recipe for an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Chicken and Vegetable Quinoa
- Electric pressure cooker, such as an Instant Pot
- 1 tbsp oil olive oil, coconut oil or preferred cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces Could also use pre-cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn the pressure cooker to "Saute" and add oil.
- Add the onion and chicken if you are not using pre-cooked chicken.
- Saute until the onion is translucent and chicken is browned.
- Press "Cancel" to stop sauteing.
- Add broth, quinoa and vegetables to pot and stir.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Lock the lid and set cooker to one minute on high pressure.
- Allow pressure to release naturally when done.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
Instant Pot Chicken and Vegetable Quinoa is a quick, last minute dish that is great hot or cold. Customize it by swapping out the protein or vegetables depending on what you have on hand.